Here's a roundup of our news, achievements and stats from the year.
Student Beans highlights...
- Student Beans celebrated its 9th year with a website makeover so we’ve now got a new home for our student discounts, freebies and competitions and 7 new editorial channels.
- We’re getting students shopping globally with the launch of Student Beans iD in a number of countries including the UK, US, Germany, Ireland, Denmark and Australia.
- This year has seen us work with the likes of French Connection, Microsoft, Topshop, Papa John’s, Ticketmaster, STA Travel, Sainsbury’s Mobile and more.
- As part of our Freshers’ campaign, we visited 9 Freshers’ Fairs around the country distributing over 100,000 SBiD Discount Books featuring offers from the likes of GBK, New Look and National Express.
- Over 50 Campus Brand Managers have been spreading the Student Beans word this term.
- The most popular Student Beans articles of 2014 on Student Beans were 19 things all southerners at a northern uni know to be true, 21 excruciating ‘Never Have I Ever’ questions, 17 things only people who go to uni far from home know and 18 things only your housemates could know about you.
- We launched our inaugural Local Editors programme in 21 universities, empowering students to publish local content and report on the action from their uni.
- The Student Sex Survey once again made the headlines, featuring in the Daily Mail, The Telegraph, FHM, The Guardian and Mirror Online.
- YMS London 2014 saw over 200 delegates from the world of youth marketing come together and hear from the likes of former Apprentice winner Tim Campbell MBE, Twitter, Cancer Research UK, Facebook, VICE, O2 and Contiki.
- YMS went global for the first time, hitting New York in June at the NYIT on Broadway featuring leading speakers from Tumblr, Uber, MTV, Movember and Spotify. We’ve got plans to head to other cities in 2015.
- Amazon knocked YouTube off top spot in the Youth 100 Awards, where named the top 100 youth brands of the year and handed out awards across 24 sector categories. See who won and check out the highlights video from the ceremony hosted by George Lamb.
- This year our research and insights have been featured in the NY Times, The Drum, Marketing Week, Econsultancy, The Guardian, The Independent and more.
- We presented research we ran on behalf of RBS at The Houses of Parliament, at an event hosted by Rebecca Harris, MP on a sunny day in July.
- We also spoke at The Bookseller’s conference in October and Econsultancy’s Festival of Marketing in November.
- Save the date! There’s a 3 month countdown to YMS London 2015, which takes place on 10-11 March. We’ve got speakers secured from the biggest brands including Airbnb, Twitter, Vans, Kopparberg, Mumsnet, YPlan, Microsoft, Thorpe Park and more. Reserve your place!
Office news, a few more awards and Easter egg hunts...
- We opened our first regional office in Birmingham, taking us back to our original roots and the city where it all began.
- Our Founders James and Michael Eder were invited to Number 10 Downing Street by Daniel Korski, business adviser to The Prime Minister to discuss the future of enterprise.
- James also flew the beans flag globally at the UNESCO-UNEVOC Global Forum in Germany, One Young World in Dublin, Digital 2014 in Wales, Youth To Business in Poland and the Engaging Youth Conference in Athens.
- We were honoured to welcome Baroness Sue Campbell, Chair of the Youth Sports Trust to Beans HQ. Sue spoke of how she empowered the success of Team GB at the 2012 Olympics and was truly inspiring.
- Words of wisdom from David Allen, author of Getting Things Done and all-round productivity guru helped us keep in control of our to-do lists and achieve amazing things this year.
- James and Michael were included on the Young Guns Class of 2014, a list of the UK’s most outstanding entrepreneurs aged 35 or under behind the country’s fastest-growing companies.
- James was involved in the launch of two very exciting initiatives - Kentish Cluster, which brings businesses and people in the local area together for monthly drinks and FriendlyFriday, a movement that gets the world talking and creating collisions.
- Easter Egg hunts, laser quest, Pancake Day, yoga and acupuncture at Wellness Thursdays, poker nights, pumkin carving, the first Beans 5-a-side football team ‘FC Beanscelona’ and Christmas Jumper Day were all part of the fun this year at The Beans Group.
- Want to join in the fun? If you are looking for a new opportunity or know someone who is, we’ve got a number of opportunities to join our growing team. See our jobs board for a list of all the roles we’re recruiting for.
That’s it from us in 2014! We look forward to sharing the next chapter with you. Feel free to get in touch if there’s anything we can help you with on 020 3095 1400 or email email@example.com. For now we’ll leave you with a few more photos from a fantastic 2014!